Definitions of party:
- noun: an occasion on which people can assemble for social interaction and entertainment
Example: "He planned a party to celebrate Bastille Day"
- noun: a group of people gathered together for pleasure
Example: "She joined the party after dinner"
- noun: an organization to gain political power
Example: "In 1992 Perot tried to organize a third party at the national level"
- noun: a band of people associated temporarily in some activity
Example: "They organized a party to search for food"
- noun: a person involved in legal proceedings
Example: "The party of the first part"
- verb: have or participate in a party
Example: "The students were partying all night before the exam"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #80056)
Search for party at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse