Definitions of park:
- noun: a gear position that acts as a parking brake
Example: "The put the car in park and got out"
- noun: a large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property
Example: "There are laws that protect the wildlife in this park"
- noun: a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area
Example: "They went for a walk in the park"
- noun: Scottish explorer in Africa (1771-1806)
- noun: a facility in which ball games are played (especially baseball games)
Example: "Take me out to the ballpark"
- noun: a lot where cars are parked
- verb: place temporarily
Example: "Park the car in the yard"
- verb: maneuver a vehicle into a parking space
Example: "Park the car in front of the library"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 4000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #461)
Search for park at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse