Definitions of panel:
- noun: sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat) section or component of something
- noun: a pad placed under a saddle
- noun: a group of people gathered for a special purpose as to plan or discuss an issue or judge a contest etc
- noun: (law) a group of people summoned for jury service (from whom a jury will be chosen)
- noun: (computer science) a small temporary window in a graphical user interface that appears in order to request information from the user; after the information has been provided the user dismisses the box with `okay' or `cancel'
- noun: a committee appointed to judge a competition
- noun: electrical device consisting of an insulated panel containing switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices
Example: "He checked the instrument panel"
- verb: decorate with panels
Example: "Panel the walls with wood"
- verb: select from a list
Example: "Empanel prospective jurors"
Search for panel at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse