Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Pan:
- noun: chimpanzees; more closely related to Australopithecus than to other pongids
- noun: shallow container made of metal
- noun: cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel
- noun: (Greek mythology) god of fields and woods and shepherds and flocks; represented as a man with goat's legs and horns and ears; identified with Roman Sylvanus or Faunus
- verb: express a totally negative opinion of
Example: "The critics panned the performance"
- verb: wash dirt in a pan to separate out the precious minerals
- verb: make a sweeping movement
Example: "The camera panned across the room"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #11005)
Search for Pan at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...