Definitions of pale:
- noun: a wooden strip forming part of a fence
- verb: turn pale, as if in fear
- adjective: not full or rich
Example: "High, pale, pure and lovely song"
- adjective: (of light) lacking in intensity or brightness; dim or feeble
Example: "The pale light of a half moon"
- adjective: abnormally deficient in color as suggesting physical or emotional distress
- adjective: lacking in vitality or interest or effectiveness
Example: "A pale rendition of the aria"
- adjective: very light colored; highly diluted with white
Example: "Pale seagreen"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #39662)
Search for pale at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse