Definitions of palaver:
- noun: loud and confused and empty talk
- noun: flattery intended to persuade
- verb: have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds
- verb: influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering
Example: "He palavered her into going along"
- verb: speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
Search for palaver at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse