Synonyms / Related
Definitions of paddle:
- noun: a short light oar used without an oarlock to propel a canoe or small boat
- noun: an instrument of punishment consisting of a flat board
- noun: a blade of a paddle wheel or water wheel
- noun: small wooden bat with a flat surface; used for hitting balls in various games
- verb: stir with a paddle
- verb: propel with a paddle
Example: "Paddle your own canoe"
- verb: swim like a dog in shallow water
- verb: play in or as if in water, as of small children
- verb: give a spanking to; subject to a spanking
- verb: walk unsteadily
Search for paddle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...