Definitions of Pacific:
- noun: the largest ocean in the world
- adjective: promoting peace
Example: "The result of this pacific policy was that no troops were called up"
- adjective: disposed to peace or of a peaceful nature
Example: "The pacific temper seeks to settle disputes on grounds of justice rather than by force"
- adjective: relating to or bordering the Pacific Ocean
Example: "Pacific islands"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42595)
Search for Pacific at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse