Definitions of pace:
- noun: a step in walking or running
- noun: the relative speed of progress or change
Example: "He lived at a fast pace"
- noun: the rate of moving (especially walking or running)
- noun: a unit of length equal to 3 feet; defined as 91.44 centimeters; originally taken to be the average length of a stride
- noun: the distance covered by a step
Example: "He stepped off ten paces from the old tree and began to dig"
- noun: the rate of some repeating event
- verb: go at a pace
Example: "The horse paced"
- verb: measure (distances) by pacing
- verb: regulate or set the pace of
Example: "Pace your efforts"
- verb: walk with slow or fast paces
Example: "He paced up and down the hall"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 5882 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #681)
Search for pace at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse