Definitions of outside:
- noun: the outer side or surface of something
- noun: the region that is outside of something
- adjective: functioning outside the boundaries or precincts of an organized unit
- adjective: very unlikely
Example: "An outside chance"
- adjective: relating to or being on or near the outer side or limit
Example: "An outside margin"
- adjective: originating or belonging beyond some bounds:"the outside world"
Example: "Outside interests"
- adjective: on or toward an outer edge
Example: "The outside lane"
- adjective: maximal in amount
Example: "An outside estimate"
- adjective: (of a baseball pitch) on the far side of home plate from the batter
Example: "An outside pitch"
- adjective: coming from the outside
Example: "Disdaining outside pressure groups"
- adjective: located, suited for, or taking place in the open air
- adverb: outside a building
Example: "In summer we play outside"
- adverb: on the outside
Example: "Outside, the box is black"
Search for outside at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse