Definitions of out:
- noun: (baseball) a failure by a batter or runner to reach a base safely in baseball
Example: "You only get 3 outs per inning"
- verb: be made known; be disclosed or revealed
Example: "The truth will out"
- verb: reveal somebody else's homosexuality
Example: "This actor was outed last week"
- verb: to state openly and publicly one's homosexuality
Example: "This actor outed last year"
- adjective: outer or outlying
Example: "The out islands"
- adjective: no longer fashionable
Example: "That style is out these days"
- adverb: outside of an enclosed space
Example: "She is out"
- adverb: outward from a reference point
Example: "He kicked his legs out"
- adverb: away from home
Example: "They went out last night"
- adverb: from one's possession
Example: "He gave out money to the poor"
Search for out at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse