Definitions of orbit:
- noun: the (usually elliptical) path described by one celestial body in its revolution about another
Example: "He plotted the orbit of the moon"
- noun: the path of an electron around the nucleus of an atom
- noun: the bony cavity in the skull containing the eyeball
- noun: an area in which something acts or operates or has power or control
Example: "In the political orbit of a world power"
- noun: a particular environment or walk of life
Example: "He's out of my orbit"
- verb: move in an orbit
Example: "The moon orbits around the Earth"
Search for orbit at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse