Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of offset:
- noun: a plate makes an inked impression on a rubber-blanketed cylinder, which in turn transfers it to the paper
- noun: the time at which something is supposed to begin
- noun: a compensating equivalent
- noun: structure where a wall or building narrows abruptly
- noun: a horizontal branch from the base of plant that produces new plants from buds at its tips
- noun: a natural consequence of development
- verb: cause (printed matter) to transfer or smear onto another surface
- verb: compensate for or counterbalance
Example: "Offset deposits and withdrawals"
- verb: produce by offset printing
Example: "Offset the conference proceedings"
- verb: create an offset in
Example: "Offset a wall"
- verb: make up for
Example: "His skills offset his opponent's superior strength"
Search for offset at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...