Definitions of official:
- noun: someone who administers the rules of a game or sport
Example: "The golfer asked for an official who could give him a ruling"
- noun: a worker who holds or is invested with an office
- adjective: having official authority or sanction
Example: "Official permission"
- adjective: verified officially
Example: "The election returns are now official"
- adjective: (of a church) given official status as a national or state institution
- adjective: conforming to set usage, procedure, or discipline
- adjective: of or relating to an office
Example: "Official privileges"
Search for official at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse