Definitions of official:
- noun: someone who administers the rules of a game or sport
Example: "The golfer asked for an official who could give him a ruling"
- noun: a worker who holds or is invested with an office
- adjective: having official authority or sanction
Example: "Official permission"
- adjective: verified officially
Example: "The election returns are now official"
- adjective: (of a church) given official status as a national or state institution
- adjective: conforming to set usage, procedure, or discipline
- adjective: of or relating to an office
Example: "Official privileges"
Search for official at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Copyright © 2015 Datamuse