Definitions of officer:
- noun: a person authorized to serve in a position of authority on a vessel
Example: "He is the officer in charge of the ship's engines"
- noun: any person in the armed services who holds a position of authority or command
Example: "An officer is responsible for the lives of his men"
- noun: someone who is appointed or elected to an office and who holds a position of trust
Example: "He is an officer of the court"
- noun: a member of a police force
Example: "It was an accident, officer"
- verb: direct or command as an officer
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18532)
Search for officer at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse