The couplet contest goes meta: This month's theme is procrastination
Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of offer:
- noun: something offered (as a proposal or bid)
Example: "Noteworthy new offerings for investors included several index funds"
- noun: the verbal act of offering
Example: "A generous offer of assistance"
- noun: a usually brief attempt
- verb: produce or introduce on the stage
Example: "The Shakespeare Company is offering `King Lear' this month"
- verb: make available or accessible, provide or furnish
Example: "The conference center offers a health spa"
- verb: present for acceptance or rejection
Example: "She offered us all a cold drink"
- verb: make available for sale
Example: "The stores are offering specials on sweaters this week"
- verb: offer verbally
Example: "He offered his sympathy"
- verb: propose a payment
Example: "The Swiss dealer offered $2 million for the painting"
- verb: present as an act of worship
Example: "Offer prayers to the gods"
- verb: put forward for consideration
Example: "He offered his opinion"
- verb: threaten to do something
Example: "I offered to leave the committee if they did not accept my proposal"
- verb: make available; provide
Example: "The bank offers a good deal on new mortgages"
- verb: agree freely
Example: "I offered to help with the dishes but the hostess would not hear of it"
- verb: mount or put up
Example: "Offer resistance"
- verb: ask (someone) to marry you
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #31405)
Search for offer at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse