Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of offensive:
- noun: the action of attacking an enemy
- adjective: unpleasant or disgusting especially to the senses
Example: "Offensive odors"
- adjective: causing anger or annoyance
Example: "Offensive remarks"
- adjective: for the purpose of attack rather than defense
Example: "Offensive weapons"
- adjective: violating or tending to violate or offend against
Example: "Considered such depravity offensive against all laws of humanity"
- adjective: of an offensive substitute for inoffensive terminology
- adjective: morally offensive
- adjective: causing or able to cause nausea
Search for offensive at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...