Definitions of observe:
- verb: watch attentively
Example: "Please observe the reaction of these two chemicals"
- verb: celebrate, as of holidays or rites
Example: "Observe Yom Kippur"
- verb: conform one's action or practice to
- verb: observe correctly or closely
- verb: discover or determine the existence, presence, or fact of
- verb: follow with the eyes or the mind
- verb: make mention of
Example: "She observed that his presentation took up too much time"
- verb: observe with care or pay close attention to
- verb: show respect towards
Search for observe at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse