Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of obscure:
- verb: make less visible or unclear
Example: "The stars are obscured by the clouds"
- verb: make obscure or unclear
Example: "The distinction was obscured"
- verb: make difficult to perceive by sight
Example: "The foliage of the huge tree obscures the view of the lake"
- verb: make undecipherable or imperceptible by obscuring or concealing
- verb: make unclear, indistinct, or blurred
- adjective: not clearly understood or expressed
Example: "An obscure turn of phrase"
- adjective: not drawing attention
Example: "An obscure flaw"
- adjective: not famous or acclaimed
Example: "An obscure family"
- adjective: difficult to find
Example: "An obscure retreat"
- adjective: marked by difficulty of style or expression
Example: "Those who do not appreciate Kafka's work say his style is obscure"
- adjective: remote and separate physically or socially
Example: "An obscure village"
Search for obscure at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2018 Datamuse