Definitions of object:
- noun: a tangible and visible entity; an entity that can cast a shadow
Example: "It was full of rackets, balls and other objects"
- noun: the focus of cognitions or feelings
Example: "Objects of thought"
- noun: (grammar) a constituent that is acted upon
Example: "The object of the verb"
- noun: the goal intended to be attained (and which is believed to be attainable)
Example: "The sole object of her trip was to see her children"
- verb: be averse to or express disapproval of
Example: "My wife objects to modern furniture"
- verb: express or raise an objection or protest or criticism or express dissent
Example: "She never objected to the amount of work her boss charged her with"
Search for object at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse