Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of nurse:
- noun: one skilled in caring for young children or the sick (usually under the supervision of a physician)
- noun: a woman who is the custodian of children
- verb: treat carefully
Example: "He nursed his injured back by liyng in bed several hours every afternoon"
- verb: serve as a nurse; care for sick or handicapped people
- verb: try to cure by special care of treatment, of an illness or injury
Example: "He nursed his cold with Chinese herbs"
- verb: give suck to
Example: "The wetnurse suckled the infant"
- verb: maintain (a theory, thoughts, or feelings)
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #8450)
Search for nurse at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for nurse (New!)
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse