Get our highly rated iPhone/iPad or Android RhymeZone apps!
Definitions of North:
- noun: any region lying in or toward the north
- noun: the region of the United States lying north of the Mason-Dixon Line
- noun: British statesman under George III whose policies led to rebellion in the American colonies (1732-1792)
- noun: the cardinal compass point that is at 0 or 360 degrees
- noun: the direction in which a compass needle points
- noun: the United States (especially the northern states during the American Civil War)
Example: "The North's superior resources turned the scale"
- adjective: situated in or facing or moving toward or coming from the north
Example: "Artists like north light"
- adverb: in a northern direction
Example: "They earn more up north"
- name: A surname (common: 1 in 14285 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #1797)
Search for North at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Copyright © 2020 Datamuse