Definitions of nominal:
- adjective: insignificantly small; a matter of form only (`tokenish' is informal)
Example: "The fee was nominal"
- adjective: being value in terms of specification on currency or stock certificates rather than purchasing power
Example: "Nominal or face value"
- adjective: pertaining to a noun or to a word group that functions as a noun
Example: "Nominal phrase"
- adjective: relating to or constituting or bearing or giving a name
Example: "The Russian system of nominal brevity"
- adjective: being such in name only
Example: "The nominal (or titular) head of his party"
- adjective: named; bearing the name of a specific person
Search for nominal at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse