Definitions of nod:
- noun: the act of nodding the head
- noun: a sign of assent or salutation or command
- verb: be almost asleep
Example: "The old man sat nodding by the fireplace"
- verb: let the head fall forward through drowsiness
Example: "The old man was nodding in his chair"
- verb: lower and raise the head, as to indicate assent or agreement or confirmation
Example: "The teacher nodded when the student gave the right answer"
- verb: express or signify by nodding
Example: "He nodded his approval"
- verb: sway gently back and forth, as is in a nodding motion
Example: "The flowers were nodding in the breeze"
Search for nod at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse