Definitions of no:
- noun: a negative
Example: "His no was loud and clear"
- noun: a radioactive transuranic element synthesized by bombarding curium with carbon ions; 7 isotopes are known
- adverb: used to express refusal or denial or disagreement etc or especially to emphasize a negative statement
Example: "No, you are wrong"
- adverb: not in any degree or manner; not at all
Example: "He is no better today"
- adverb: referring to the degree to which a certain quality is present
Example: "He was no heavier than a child"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #25272)
Search for no at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse