Definitions of night:
- noun: darkness
Example: "It vanished into the night"
- noun: the dark part of the diurnal cycle considered a time unit
Example: "Three nights later he collapsed"
- noun: the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
- noun: the time between sunset and midnight
Example: "He watched television every night"
- noun: the period spent sleeping
Example: "I had a restless night"
- noun: a period of ignorance or backwardness or gloom
- noun: a shortening of nightfall
Example: "They worked from morning to night"
- noun: Roman goddess of night; daughter of Erebus; counterpart of Greek Nyx
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69648)
Search for night at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse