Definitions of net:
- noun: an open fabric of string or rope or wire woven together at regular intervals
- noun: a trap made of netting to catch fish or birds or insects
- noun: game equipment consisting of a strip of netting dividing the playing area in tennis or badminton
- noun: a goal lined with netting (as in soccer or hockey)
- noun: a computer network consisting of a worldwide network of computer networks that use the TCP/IP network protocols to facilitate data transmission and exchange
- noun: the excess of revenues over outlays in a given period of time (including depreciation and other non-cash expenses)
- verb: make as a net profit
- verb: yield as a net profit
Example: "This sale netted me $1 million"
- verb: catch with a net
Example: "Net a fish"
- verb: construct or form a web, as if by weaving
- adjective: remaining after all deductions
Example: "Net profit"
- adjective: conclusive in a process or progression
Example: "The net result"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #42689)
Search for net at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse