Synonyms / Related
Definitions of neighbor:
- noun: a nearby object of the same kind
Example: "Fort Worth is a neighbor of Dallas"
- noun: a person who lives (or is located) near another
- verb: be located near or adjacent to
Example: "Pakistan neighbors India"
- verb: live or be located as a neighbor
Example: "The neighboring house"
- adjective: situated near one another
Example: "Neighbor states"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #37281)
Search for neighbor at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...