Definitions of neglect:
- noun: the state of something that has been unused and neglected
Example: "The house was in a terrible state of neglect"
- noun: willful lack of care and attention
- noun: the trait of neglecting responsibilities and lacking concern
- noun: lack of attention and due care
- noun: failure to act with the prudence that a reasonable person would exercise under the same circumstances
- verb: leave undone or leave out
- verb: fail to attend to
Example: "He neglects his children"
- verb: give little or no attention to
- verb: fail to do something; leave something undone
Search for neglect at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse