Synonyms / Related
Definitions of naturalize:
- verb: make into a citizen
Example: "The French family was naturalized last year"
- verb: make more natural or lifelike
- verb: adopt to another place
Example: "The stories had become naturalized into an American setting"
- verb: explain with reference to nature
- verb: adapt (a wild plant or unclaimed land) to the environment
Search for naturalize at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...