Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of national:
- noun: a person who owes allegiance to that nation
- adjective: limited to or in the interests of a particular nation
Example: "National interests"
- adjective: owned or maintained for the public by the national government
Example: "National parks"
- adjective: of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country
Example: "National hero"
- adjective: of or relating to nationality
Example: "National origin"
- adjective: characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation
Example: "A national trait"
- adjective: concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country
Example: "The national government"
- adjective: inside the country
Search for national at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...