Definitions of nation:
- noun: the people who live in a nation or country
Example: "A statement that sums up the nation's mood"
- noun: a federation of tribes (especially native American tribes)
Example: "The Shawnee nation"
- noun: United States prohibitionist who raided saloons and destroyed bottles of liquor with a hatchet (1846-1911)
- noun: a politically organized body of people under a single government
Example: "African nations"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 33333 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #4222)
Search for nation at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse