Definitions of muzzle:
- noun: forward projecting part of the head of certain animals; includes the jaws and nose
- noun: a leather or wire restraint that fits over an animal's snout (especially a dog's nose and jaws) and prevents it from eating or biting
- noun: restraint put into a person's mouth to prevent speaking or shouting
- noun: the open circular discharging end of a gun
- verb: fit with a muzzle
Example: "Muzzle the dog to prevent it from biting strangers"
- verb: prevent from speaking out
- verb: tie a gag around someone's mouth in order to silence them
Search for muzzle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Privacy, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse