Definitions of murmur:
- noun: a schwa that is incidental to the pronunciation of a consonant
- noun: a complaint uttered in a low and indistinct tone
- noun: a low continuous indistinct sound; often accompanied by movement of the lips without the production of articulate speech
- noun: an abnormal sound of the heart; sometimes a sign of abnormal function of the heart valves
- verb: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath
- verb: speak softly or indistinctly
Example: "She murmured softly to the baby in her arms"
Search for murmur at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse