The couplet contest goes meta: This month's theme is procrastination
Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of movement:
- noun: the act of changing the location of something
Example: "The movement of cargo onto the vessel"
- noun: the driving and regulating parts of a mechanism (as of a watch or clock)
Example: "It was an expensive watch with a diamond movement"
- noun: a major self-contained part of a symphony or sonata
Example: "The second movement is slow and melodic"
- noun: a natural event that involves a change in the position or location of something
- noun: a group of people with a common ideology who try together to achieve certain general goals
Example: "He was a charter member of the movement"
- noun: the act of changing location from one place to another
Example: "The movement of people from the farms to the cities"
- noun: a change of position that does not entail a change of location
Example: "Movement is a sign of life"
- noun: a euphemism for defecation
Example: "He had a bowel movement"
- noun: a general tendency to change (as of opinion)
Example: "A broad movement of the electorate to the right"
- noun: an optical illusion of motion produced by viewing a rapid succession of still pictures of a moving object
Example: "The succession of flashing lights gave an illusion of movement"
- noun: a series of actions advancing a principle or tending toward a particular end
Example: "The movement to end slavery"
Search for movement at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse