Synonyms / Related
Definitions of mouth:
- noun: the opening of a jar or bottle
Example: "The jar had a wide mouth"
- noun: the externally visible part of the oral cavity on the face and the system of organs surrounding the opening
Example: "She wiped lipstick from her mouth"
- noun: the opening through which food is taken in and vocalizations emerge
Example: "He stuffed his mouth with candy"
- noun: the point where a stream issues into a larger body of water
Example: "New York is at the mouth of the Hudson"
- noun: an opening that resembles a mouth (as of a cave or a gorge)
Example: "He rode into the mouth of the canyon"
- noun: a person conceived as a consumer of food
Example: "He has four mouths to feed"
- noun: a spokesperson (as a lawyer)
- noun: an impudent or insolent rejoinder
- verb: articulate silently; form words with the lips only
Example: "She mouthed a swear word"
- verb: touch with the mouth
- verb: express in speech
Search for mouth at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...