Definitions of mound:
- noun: structure consisting of an artificial heap or bank usually of earth or stones
Example: "They built small mounds to hide behind"
- noun: (baseball) the slight elevation on which the pitcher stands
- noun: the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit
Example: "They have a southpaw on the mound"
- noun: a small natural hill
- noun: a collection of objects laid on top of each other
- verb: form into a rounded elevation
Example: "Mound earth"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #69851)
Search for mound at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Announcing the 2014-2015 RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse