Synonyms / Related
Definitions of mosaic:
- noun: art consisting of a design made of small pieces of colored stone or glass
- noun: assembly of aerial photographs forming a composite picture
- noun: transducer formed by the light-sensitive surface on a television camera tube
- noun: a pattern resembling a mosaic
- noun: a freeware browser
- noun: viral disease in solanaceous plants (tomatoes, potatoes, tobacco) resulting in mottling and often shriveling of the leaves
- adjective: of or relating to Moses or the laws and writings attributed to him
Example: "Mosaic Law"
- adjective: decorated with small pieces of colored glass or stone fitted together
Example: "A mosaic floor"
Search for mosaic at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...