Definitions of moral:
- noun: the significance of a story or event
Example: "The moral of the story is to love thy neighbor"
- adjective: concerned with principles of right and wrong or conforming to standards of behavior and character based on those principles
Example: "Moral sense"
- adjective: psychological rather than physical or tangible in effect
Example: "A moral victory"
- adjective: arising from the sense of right and wrong
Example: "A moral obligation"
- adjective: relating to principles of right and wrong; i.e. to morals or ethics
Example: "Moral philosophy"
- adjective: adhering to ethical and moral principles
Example: "Had the moral courage to stand alone"
Search for moral at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster
Announcing the 2014-2015 RhymeZone Poetry Prize. Deadline is February 1!
Copyright © 2014 Datamuse