Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of model:
- noun: the act of representing something (usually on a smaller scale)
- noun: representation of something (sometimes on a smaller scale)
- noun: a type of product
Example: "His car was an old model"
- noun: a simplified description of a complex entity or process
Example: "The computer program was based on a model of the circulatory and respiratory systems"
- noun: a representative form or pattern
- noun: a person who poses for a photographer or painter or sculptor
Example: "The president didn't have time to be a model so the artist worked from photos"
- noun: someone worthy of imitation
Example: "Every child needs a role model"
- noun: something to be imitated
Example: "A model of clarity"
- noun: a woman who wears clothes to display fashions
- verb: display (clothes) as a mannequin
Example: "Model the latest fashion"
- verb: assume a posture as for artistic purposes
- verb: form in clay, wax, etc
Example: "Model a head with clay"
- verb: construct a model of
Example: "Model an airplane"
- verb: create a representation or model of
- verb: plan or create according to a model or models
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #35182)
Search for model at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2019 Datamuse