Definitions of mind:
- noun: that which is responsible for one's thoughts and feelings; the seat of the faculty of reason
Example: "His mind wandered"
- noun: knowledge and intellectual ability
Example: "He reads to improve his mind"
- noun: attention
Example: "Don't pay him any mind"
- noun: recall or remembrance
Example: "It came to mind"
- noun: your intention; what you intend to do
Example: "He had in mind to see his old teacher"
- noun: an opinion formed by judging something
Example: "She changed her mind"
- noun: an important intellectual
Example: "The great minds of the 17th century"
- verb: keep in mind
- verb: be concerned with or about something or somebody
- verb: be offended or bothered by; take offense with, be bothered by
Example: "I don't mind your behavior"
- verb: be in charge of or deal with
- verb: pay close attention to; give heed to
- verb: be on one's guard; be cautious or wary about; be alert to
Search for mind at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse