Definitions of mile:
- noun: a footrace extending one mile
Example: "He holds the record in the mile"
- noun: a unit of length equal to 1760 yards
- noun: a Swedish unit of length equivalent to 10 km
- noun: an ancient Roman unit of length equivalent to 1620 yards
- noun: a large distance
Example: "He missed by a mile"
- noun: a unit of length used in navigation; equivalent to the distance spanned by one minute of arc in latitude; 1,852 meters
- noun: a former British unit of length once used in navigation; equivalent to 1828.8 meters (6000 feet)
- noun: a British unit of length equivalent to 1,609.34 meters (5,280 feet)
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #70025)
Search for mile at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse