Definitions of middle:
- noun: the middle area of the human torso (usually in front)
- noun: an intermediate part or section
Example: "A whole is that which has beginning, middle, and end- Aristotle"
- noun: time between the beginning and the end of a temporal period
Example: "The middle of the war"
- noun: an area that is approximately central within some larger region
- verb: put in the middle
- adjective: between an earlier and a later period of time
Example: "In the middle years"
- adjective: of a stage in the development of a language or literature between earlier and later stages
Example: "Middle English is the English language from about 1100 to 1500"
- adjective: being neither at the beginning nor at the end in a series
Example: "The middle point on a line"
Search for middle at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse