Definitions of metric:
- noun: a system of related measures that facilitates the quantification of some particular characteristic
- noun: a decimal unit of measurement of the metric system (based on meters and kilograms and seconds)
Example: "Convert all the measurements to metric units"
- noun: a function of a topological space that gives, for any two points in the space, a value equal to the distance between them
- adjective: based on the meter as a standard of measurement
Example: "The metric system"
- adjective: the rhythmic arrangement of syllables
Search for metric at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse