Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of meter:
- noun: any of various measuring instruments for measuring a quantity
- noun: rhythm as given by division into parts of equal time
- noun: (prosody) the accent in a metrical foot of verse
- noun: the basic unit of length adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites (approximately 1.094 yards)
- verb: measure with a meter
Example: "Meter the flow of water"
- verb: stamp with a meter indicating the postage
Example: "Meter the mail"
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #50420)
Search for meter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...