Definitions of mess:
- noun: a (large) military dining room where service personnel eat or relax
- noun: a meal eaten by service personnel
- noun: soft semiliquid food
Example: "A mess of porridge"
- noun: a state of confusion and disorderliness
Example: "The house was a mess"
- noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- noun: informal terms for a difficult situation
- verb: make a mess of or create disorder in
Example: "He messed up his room"
- verb: eat in a mess hall
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #25311)
Search for mess at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse