Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of medium:
- noun: an intervening substance through which signals can travel as a means for communication
- noun: a means or instrumentality for storing or communicating information
- noun: transmissions that are disseminated widely to the public
- noun: the surrounding environment
Example: "Fish require an aqueous medium"
- noun: someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead
Example: "He consulted several mediums"
- noun: a state that is intermediate between extremes; a middle position
Example: "A happy medium"
- noun: an intervening substance through which something is achieved
Example: "The dissolving medium is called a solvent"
- noun: (biology) a substance in which specimens are preserved or displayed
- noun: a liquid with which pigment is mixed by a painter
- noun: an occupation for which you are especially well suited
- noun: (bacteriology) a nutrient substance (solid or liquid) that is used to cultivate micro-organisms
- adjective: (of meat) cooked until there is just a little pink meat inside
- adjective: around the middle of a scale of evaluation of physical measures
Example: "Medium bombers"
Search for medium at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Use in a sentence...