Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of matter:
- noun: (used with negation) having consequence
Example: "They were friends and it was no matter who won the games"
- noun: a vaguely specified concern
Example: "Several matters to attend to"
- noun: a problem
Example: "Is anything the matter?"
- noun: written works (especially in books or magazines)
Example: "He always took some reading matter with him on the plane"
- noun: that which has mass and occupies space
Example: "An atom is the smallest indivisible unit of matter"
- noun: some situation or event that is thought about
Example: "It is a matter for the police"
- verb: have weight; have import, carry weight
Example: "It does not matter much"
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #13712)
Search for matter at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
Descriptive words for matter (New!)
Announcing the 2016 RhymeZone Poetry Prize
Read and comment on a recent entry: My Father's Chair
Copyright © 2016 Datamuse