Lyrics and poems
Synonyms / Related
Definitions of Mass:
- noun: (Roman Catholic Church and Protestant Churches) the celebration of the Eucharist
- noun: the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
- noun: a sequence of prayers constituting the Christian eucharistic rite
Example: "The priest said Mass"
- noun: a musical setting for a Mass
Example: "They played a Mass composed by Beethoven"
- noun: an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
- noun: a body of matter without definite shape
Example: "A huge ice mass"
- noun: the property of something that is great in magnitude
Example: "He received a mass of correspondence"
- noun: the common people generally
Example: "Separate the warriors from the mass"
- noun: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent
- verb: join together into a mass or collect or form a mass
Example: "Crowds were massing outside the palace"
- adjective: occurring widely (as to many people)
Example: "Mass destruction"
- adjective: gathered or tending to gather into a mass or whole
- name: A surname (rare: 1 in 100000 families; popularity rank in the U.S.: #18100)
Search for Mass at other dictionaries: OneLook, Oxford, American Heritage, Merriam-Webster, Wikipedia
(New!) Usage examples...
Copyright © 2017 Datamuse