Definitions of maroon:
- noun: an exploding firework used as a warning signal
- noun: a dark purplish red to dark brownish red
- noun: a person who is stranded (as on an island)
Example: "When the tide came in I was a maroon out there"
- verb: leave stranded or isolated withe little hope og rescue
Example: "The travellers were marooned"
- verb: leave stranded on a desert island without resources
Example: "The mutinous sailors were marooned on an island"
- adjective: dark brownish to purplish red
- name: A surname (very rare: popularity rank in the U.S.: #21408)
Search for maroon at other dictionaries: OneLook, Answers.com, Merriam-Webster
"Works flawlessly!": RhymeZone apps for iPhone/iPad and Android!
Help, Feedback, Customize, Android app, iPhone/iPad app
Copyright © 2013 Datamuse